Every substance found in a plant has a special role in the plant. The substance can be used in the structure of the plant to perform vital functions, the substance can play a role in the structure of the physical and chemical properties of the plant.
Important compounds of medicinal plants are:
- Aromatic oils: Aromatic substances are cleansing, disinfectant, appetite stimulant, digestive, analgesic, anti-flatulence and anti-muscle spasm.
- Alkaloids: A variety of drugs including morphine, codeine and cocaine are among the alkaloids. Each of these substances has a specific role in the treatment of diseases.
- Protein: Protein is made up of a combination of amino acids. Half of the amino acids humans are unable to synthesize and must enter the body through plant and animal nutrition.
- Bitter taste: Many herbs have a bitter taste, such as chicory, which has medicinal and therapeutic properties. Bitter substances have a non-toxic taste and stimulate the appetite and stimulate many organs for more activity, such as the liver and gallbladder.
- Flavonoids: Flavonoids are active substances that are mainly found in excellent plants. These substances neutralize a variety of toxins in the body.
- Tannins: have analgesic properties, tighten and clean the gums and skin of the mouth. They have a positive effect on the stomach wall and intestines.
- Glazed materials: The job of these materials is to attach liquids to these materials. These substances lower blood cholesterol. Cheese, marshmallow and dandelion are rich in glaze.
- Other ingredients in herbs include vitamins, phytic acids and sugars.